Joys and Struggles
This section ENTP-ENTJ relationship is about how these two personality types come together in a relationship. Specifically, we will be looking at the joys of this relationship as well as the struggles this relationship may have.
The ENTP-ENTJ relationship has 3 preference similarities and 1 preference differences. Regardless of the number of similarities and differences, each personality combination will have its unique set of challenges. We will look at each of the 4 preferences individually:
- Because both parties enjoy people, they are likely to go for many socializing activities and parties together.
- They will likely enjoy each other's energy and zest for life and have many fun activities and adventures together.
- Because of their love for people and socializing, they are likely to have a large network around them, supporting and mediating for the couple in time of need.
- Because both love to speak, (not so much listen), they may try to compete for air time when conversing with one another. So instead of listening, they may out talk each other in order to be heard.
- Hence, they may not feel fulfilled, especially if one party is always doing the talking and the other doing the listening.
- One party may turn to outside friends to fill that desire to speak and be heard, and in bad cases, it may lead to extra-marital affair.
- Because both parties enjoy discussing big ideas, possibilities and global issues, they will usually find a certain attraction to each other.
- This is especially if they have similar viewpoints on certain issues, they will find chemistry with each other.
- Both tend to enjoy each other's uniqueness, not just in viewpoints but also in fashion, tastes and so on.
- Because both parties enjoy talking about the future, their conversations will more often revolve around future hopes and dreams and exciting possibilities.
- However, they may lack interest in everyday living, hence if they are a married couple, household duties may tend to be neglected.
- Even if they attempt to take care of household, they may still miss important details in its maintenance.
- The partner that has to be constantly responsible for the everyday maintenance may feel resentment or unfulfilled.
- A good balance can be achieved with proper delegation of duties or with the hiring of a domestic helper.
- Both parties enjoy the straightforward and frank communication styles; no emotional issues is brought into discussion and decision making.
- As such, both find it easy to communicate with each other; they won't have to try to cushion their message or filter it; but can afford to be direct without being afraid of offending the other party.
- In decision-making, both parties use a logical, objective analysis to access pros and cons. This same mode of decision-making will mean that they are less likely to come into conflict.
- While both are logical with one another, sometimes some romance and affection can liven up the relationship; both parties may have issues showing it.
- Because both use a logical and objective process in decision-making, they may have a blind spot in considering their personal values.
- Under stress, they may have an issue controlling their own emotions; sometimes this can lead to highly intense fights that are destructive.
- Judgers enjoy making decisions for the relationship while Perceivers are happy just to let Judgers do so. Perceivers are happy to go with the flow according to the Judger's opinions, and they are generally okay with most casual decisions.
- Because of their organized and scheduled nature, Judgers bring a stability and order to the otherwise messy and spontaneous lives of Perceivers - something that the Perceivers greatly appreciate.
- Perceivers, on the other hand, help Judgers to lighten up and see the fun side of life, bidding them to be less serious and uptight about everything - something that the Judgers know they need a reminder of.
- However, Judgers find Perceivers to be too passive and casual with their indecisiveness - Sometimes this gets on the nerves of Judgers.
- Perceivers may find Judgers' to be too controlling at times; they often react by pushing back because they find it too stifling to their desire for freedom.
- Judgers find that Perceivers care little about household organization, something which they value highly. Perceivers are likely to mess up the house because they don't like to keep things neat and orderly (at least in the Judger's eyes) - this of course drives Judgers crazy.
- Judgers may also find the Perceiver's lack of planning and scheduling to be irritating; they may try to organize the Perceiver's life as a result - this of course, is a mistake and something that Perceivers do not always appreciate.
This is a summary of the joys and pains of the ENTP-ENTJ relationship.
However, personality dynamics are more
complex than this. It does not just extend to the difference or similarity in
individual preferences but goes deeper than that.
Want to learn more about relationship dynamics?
Download the new eBook here!
Return from ENTP-ENTJ to Type and Relationships