Joys and Struggles
This section INTJ-ENTP relationship is about how these two personality types come together in a relationship. Specifically, we will be looking at the joys of this relationship as well as the struggles this relationship may have.
The INTJ-ENTP relationship has 2 preference similarities and 2 preference differences. Regardless of the number of similarities and differences, each personality combination will have its unique set of challenges. We will look at each of the 4 preferences individually:
- Are attracted by each other's difference in energy levels. Extroverts appreciate the calm and steady demeanor of the Introvert, while Introverts enjoy the hearty and bubbly Extrovert.
- Extrovert enjoys that there is an active listening ear in the Introvert, always ready to listen to his thoughts and rants.
- Introvert enjoys that the Extrovert takes social leadership in most occasions, connecting them to new friends and people that they otherwise would be too shy to approach.
- Extroverts, however, may find that the Introvert is too quiet and communicates too little with nothing to share. They may feel Introverts are boring, or just disinterested in talking to them.
- Introverts may find that Extroverts are too loud and talk too much without listening to them. An Introvert may feel neglected and unheard by Extroverts because they will only share if asked - and Extroverts usually don't ask.
- On the weekends, Extroverts enjoy heading out for social activities or other high stimulation activities to relax while Introverts prefer staying home or at the most have some quiet activity with close friends. This difference in preference will sometimes lead to dissatisfaction.
- Because both parties enjoy discussing big ideas, possibilities and global issues, they will usually find a certain attraction to each other.
- This is especially if they have similar viewpoints on certain issues, they will find chemistry with each other.
- Both tend to enjoy each other's uniqueness, not just in viewpoints but also in fashion, tastes and so on.
- Because both parties enjoy talking about the future, their conversations will more often revolve around future hopes and dreams and exciting possibilities.
- However, they may lack interest in everyday living, hence if they are a married couple, household duties may tend to be neglected.
- Even if they attempt to take care of household, they may still miss important details in its maintenance.
- The partner that has to be constantly responsible for the everyday maintenance may feel resentment or unfulfilled.
- A good balance can be achieved with proper delegation of duties or with the hiring of a domestic helper.
- Both parties enjoy the straightforward and frank communication styles; no emotional issues is brought into discussion and decision making.
- As such, both find it easy to communicate with each other; they won't have to try to cushion their message or filter it; but can afford to be direct without being afraid of offending the other party.
- In decision-making, both parties use a logical, objective analysis to access pros and cons. This same mode of decision-making will mean that they are less likely to come into conflict.
- While both are logical with one another, sometimes some romance and affection can liven up the relationship; both parties may have issues showing it.
- Because both use a logical and objective process in decision-making, they may have a blind spot in considering their personal values.
- Under stress, they may have an issue controlling their own emotions; sometimes this can lead to highly intense fights that are destructive.
- Judgers enjoy making decisions for the relationship while Perceivers are happy just to let Judgers do so. Perceivers are happy to go with the flow according to the Judger's opinions, and they are generally okay with most casual decisions.
- Because of their organized and scheduled nature, Judgers bring a stability and order to the otherwise messy and spontaneous lives of Perceivers - something that the Perceivers greatly appreciate.
- Perceivers, on the other hand, help Judgers to lighten up and see the fun side of life, bidding them to be less serious and uptight about everything - something that the Judgers know they need a reminder of.
- However, Judgers find Perceivers to be too passive and casual with their indecisiveness - Sometimes this gets on the nerves of Judgers.
- Perceivers may find Judgers' to be too controlling at times; they often react by pushing back because they find it too stifling to their desire for freedom.
- Judgers find that Perceivers care little about household organization, something which they value highly. Perceivers are likely to mess up the house because they don't like to keep things neat and orderly (at least in the Judger's eyes) - this of course drives Judgers crazy.
- Judgers may also find the Perceiver's lack of planning and scheduling to be irritating; they may try to organize the Perceiver's life as a result - this of course, is a mistake and something that Perceivers do not always appreciate.
This is a summary of the joys and pains of the INTJ-ENTP relationship.
However, personality dynamics are more
complex than this. It does not just extend to the difference or similarity in
individual preferences but goes deeper than that.
Want to learn more about relationship dynamics?
Download the new eBook here!
Return from INTJ-ENTP to Type and Relationships