Joys and Struggles
This section ESTJ-ESTJ relationship is about how these two personality types come together in a relationship. Specifically, we will be looking at the joys of this relationship as well as the struggles this relationship may have.
The ESTJ-ESTJ relationship has 4 preference similarities and 0 preference differences. Regardless of the number of similarities and differences, each personality combination will have its unique set of challenges. We will look at each of the 4 preferences individually:
- Because both parties enjoy people, they are likely to go for many socializing activities and parties together.
- They will likely enjoy each other's energy and zest for life and have many fun activities and adventures together.
- Because of their love for people and socializing, they are likely to have a large network around them, supporting and mediating for the couple in time of need.
- Because both love to speak, (not so much listen), they may try to compete for air time when conversing with one another. So instead of listening, they may out talk each other in order to be heard.
- Hence, they may not feel fulfilled, especially if one party is always doing the talking and the other doing the listening.
- One party may turn to outside friends to fill that desire to speak and be heard, and in bad cases, it may lead to extra-marital affair.
- Will likely enjoy similar topics in conversation, mainly about past and present happenings related to, people they've met, places they've been, experiences they seen.
- Both like language simple, straightforward and literal; will likely 'click' with each other.
- Because both tend to live in the present, household duties are less likely to be neglected. However the more passive ones may still not perform them.
- Although both enjoy Sensory details, the couple may disagree on specifics in the household: i.e. what colour should the wall be, where should the vase be placed.
- In times of crises, both partners tend to over-worry or think up worst case scenarios, which is unproductive and sometimes cause destructive conflict between the couple.
- In such cases, they may lack the future looking vision that will help them through the crisis.
- Both parties enjoy the straightforward and frank communication styles; no emotional issues is brought into discussion and decision making.
- As such, both find it easy to communicate with each other; they won't have to try to cushion their message or filter it; but can afford to be direct without being afraid of offending the other party.
- In decision-making, both parties use a logical, objective analysis to access pros and cons. This same mode of decision-making will mean that they are less likely to come into conflict.
- While both are logical with one another, sometimes some romance and affection can liven up the relationship; both parties may have issues showing it.
- Because both use a logical and objective process in decision-making, they may have a blind spot in considering their personal values.
- Under stress, they may have an issue controlling their own emotions; sometimes this can lead to highly intense fights that are destructive.
- Because both value organization, they are likely to have a neat and tidy household with clear rules and standards, something which both parties will prefer.
- They are likely also to plan their schedules with each other, with little or no issue with unnecessary last minute changes.
- They will also appreciate their partner's ability to keep up with the demands of everyday living and stay on top.
- They will likely be strong together with budgeting, there will be little or no issues with planning out finances together.
- Even though both parties may have standards in the household, they may have very different standards.
- Because both tend to be opinionated, their arguments and quarrels may be more intense. Both may refuse to budge on their standards and compromise.
- Both parties like to settle things; this means that sometimes they may make premature decisions without sufficiently considering their alternative options.
This is a summary of the joys and pains of the ESTJ-ESTJ relationship.
However, personality dynamics are more
complex than this. It does not just extend to the difference or similarity in
individual preferences but goes deeper than that.
Want to learn more about relationship dynamics?
Download the new eBook here!
Return from ESTJ-ESTJ to Type and Relationships