Joys and Struggles
This section ENFP-ENFP relationship is about how these two personality types come together in a relationship. Specifically, we will be looking at the joys of this relationship as well as the struggles this relationship may have.
The ENFP-ENFP relationship has 4 preference similarities and 0 preference differences. Regardless of the number of similarities and differences, each personality combination will have its unique set of challenges. We will look at each of the 4 preferences individually:
- Because both parties enjoy people, they are likely to go for many socializing activities and parties together.
- They will likely enjoy each other's energy and zest for life and have many fun activities and adventures together.
- Because of their love for people and socializing, they are likely to have a large network around them, supporting and mediating for the couple in time of need.
- Because both love to speak, (not so much listen), they may try to compete for air time when conversing with one another. So instead of listening, they may out talk each other in order to be heard.
- Hence, they may not feel fulfilled, especially if one party is always doing the talking and the other doing the listening.
- One party may turn to outside friends to fill that desire to speak and be heard, and in bad cases, it may lead to extra-marital affair.
- Because both parties enjoy discussing big ideas, possibilities and global issues, they will usually find a certain attraction to each other.
- This is especially if they have similar viewpoints on certain issues, they will find chemistry with each other.
- Both tend to enjoy each other's uniqueness, not just in viewpoints but also in fashion, tastes and so on.
- Because both parties enjoy talking about the future, their conversations will more often revolve around future hopes and dreams and exciting possibilities.
- However, they may lack interest in everyday living, hence if they are a married couple, household duties may tend to be neglected.
- Even if they attempt to take care of household, they may still miss important details in its maintenance.
- The partner that has to be constantly responsible for the everyday maintenance may feel resentment or unfulfilled.
- A good balance can be achieved with proper delegation of duties or with the hiring of a domestic helper.
- Both parties are attracted to each other's warmth, sensitivity and kindness to each other's needs.
- Both will likely enjoy their expressiveness and natural affection with each other.
- Both Feeling types tend to recognize and consider their partner's needs and try to meet them. Hence there is usually high level of harmony in the relationship.
- Because both value some level of harmony, they may store up unhappy feelings inside and not share openly.
- They may avoid necessary conflict and disagreements; this is unhealthy in the long run for the quality of the relationship.
- Because both may decisions with their personal values, they may sometimes overlook logical consequences of certain actions.
- Both parties enjoy being spontaneous to changing circumstances and keeping their options open without seeing the need to come to a decision.
- Both tend to be okay with going with the flow; for the most part, daily decisions like eating locations or recreational activities are decided on a whim. Little conflict over these issues.
- Both parties are comfortable with disorganization in the household; the household will probably be messy, and both are perfectly fine with it.
- Both parties tend to be less consistent in performing routine household tasks like cleaning the house, doing the laundry and paying the bills.
- However, since these activities are a necessary evil, the partner that tries to do these tasks consistently may feel frustrated and maybe resentful.
- Also, because both parties want to keep their options open, they are likely to procrastinate making important decisions, sometimes even pushing it away until they make none.
This is a summary of the joys and pains of the ENFP-ENFP relationship.
However, personality dynamics are more
complex than this. It does not just extend to the difference or similarity in
individual preferences but goes deeper than that.
Want to learn more about relationship dynamics?
Download the new eBook here!
Return from ENFP-ENFP to Type and Relationships