Joys and Struggles
This section ENFJ-ENTJ relationship is about how these two personality types come together in a relationship. Specifically, we will be looking at the joys of this relationship as well as the struggles this relationship may have.
The ENFJ-ENTJ relationship has 3 preference similarities and 1 preference differences. Regardless of the number of similarities and differences, each personality combination will have its unique set of challenges. We will look at each of the 4 preferences individually:
- Because both parties enjoy people, they are likely to go for many socializing activities and parties together.
- They will likely enjoy each other's energy and zest for life and have many fun activities and adventures together.
- Because of their love for people and socializing, they are likely to have a large network around them, supporting and mediating for the couple in time of need.
- Because both love to speak, (not so much listen), they may try to compete for air time when conversing with one another. So instead of listening, they may out talk each other in order to be heard.
- Hence, they may not feel fulfilled, especially if one party is always doing the talking and the other doing the listening.
- One party may turn to outside friends to fill that desire to speak and be heard, and in bad cases, it may lead to extra-marital affair.
- Because both parties enjoy discussing big ideas, possibilities and global issues, they will usually find a certain attraction to each other.
- This is especially if they have similar viewpoints on certain issues, they will find chemistry with each other.
- Both tend to enjoy each other's uniqueness, not just in viewpoints but also in fashion, tastes and so on.
- Because both parties enjoy talking about the future, their conversations will more often revolve around future hopes and dreams and exciting possibilities.
- However, they may lack interest in everyday living, hence if they are a married couple, household duties may tend to be neglected.
- Even if they attempt to take care of household, they may still miss important details in its maintenance.
- The partner that has to be constantly responsible for the everyday maintenance may feel resentment or unfulfilled.
- A good balance can be achieved with proper delegation of duties or with the hiring of a domestic helper.
- Thinker will be attracted to the Feeler's compassion and warmth toward Thinker and others, which Thinker may find lacking in self.
- Feeler is attracted to the objective, tough-minded Thinker who can take and give criticism without taking offense.
- The Thinker-Feeler partnership will provide all rounded perspectives, considering people, values and logical consequences when making important decisions.
- Thinkers may hurt Feelers with their straightforward and sometimes tactless words; Feelers tend to take words personally; so when the Thinker provides negative feedback, it always evokes a larger than expected reaction from the Feeler.
- Thinkers may not understand the Feeler's desire for harmony and hence avoidance of conflict. Thinkers often misinterpret Feeler's behavior and deem them complicated.
- Feelers also tend to show affection much more naturally and sometimes they may feel their Thinking counterparts don't show enough of it; they may feel unfulfilled in the relationship.
- Because both value organization, they are likely to have a neat and tidy household with clear rules and standards, something which both parties will prefer.
- They are likely also to plan their schedules with each other, with little or no issue with unnecessary last minute changes.
- They will also appreciate their partner's ability to keep up with the demands of everyday living and stay on top.
- They will likely be strong together with budgeting, there will be little or no issues with planning out finances together.
- Even though both parties may have standards in the household, they may have very different standards.
- Because both tend to be opinionated, their arguments and quarrels may be more intense. Both may refuse to budge on their standards and compromise.
- Both parties like to settle things; this means that sometimes they may make premature decisions without sufficiently considering their alternative options.
This is a summary of the joys and pains of the ENFJ-ENTJ relationship.
However, personality dynamics are more
complex than this. It does not just extend to the difference or similarity in
individual preferences but goes deeper than that.
Want to learn more about relationship dynamics?
Download the new eBook here!
Return from ENFJ-ENTJ to Type and Relationships